My Conversational Leadership masterclass is a 2-day workshop that is under development. Contact me for more information.
Conversational Leadership is a style of working where you understand the transformative power of conversation and take a conversational approach to the way that you connect, relate, learn and work with other people.
— David Gurteen
This is a short video shot at APM Project Management Conference in May 2016 where I gave a talk on Conversational Leadership.
As a Conversational Leader you:
- Adopt conversational behaviours in your everyday work. In particular, connecting people and turning one way communication into two way conversations.
- Become a conversational catalyst and purposefully nurture and stimulate the natural conversations that take place in your organization.
- Encourage and help others to adopt the practices of conversational leadership.
- Practice conversational methods such as peer assists, after action reviews and knowledge cafés.
- Take on the role of conversational architect – identify the strategic conversations that need to take place in your organization; the questions to trigger them and design the processes to convene and host them.
- Build communityship. Communityship is the process of social influence in which everyone in an organization exercises leadership; works together to increase engagement and helps build a strong social fabric to achieve their common goals.
I view anyone with a sphere of influence as a “leader”
— Daniel Goleman